So I know that us here at Me My Suit & Tie tend to focus on what gentleman wear and how they wear it. Formal accessories is what we do and we are damn good at them too! However, we also see the importance of looking after your body and mind. After all, if we look good, we are more confident. And self-confidence is the single most important factor leading to greater prosperity in life.
So with that in mind, here are a few steps you can follow to keep your skin looking healthier, fresher and younger.
1. Respect your skin – Develop a skin care routine for your particular skin type. If you have been neglecting your complexion start right away to improve it. It’s never too late. What you do today will show up in your skin in the future. Exfoliate twice a week to rid your skin of dead cells. Have regular facials and masks. A simple and easy option like the Pro Barber FACE PUTTY Peel-Off Mask is great for a deep cleanse or to reduce oily skin. The mask will loosen blackheads and remove the top layer of dead skin cells. This will in turn, help to de-puff and de-stress your complexion. And also use a suitable moisturiser to keep your skin supple.
2. Eat a balanced diet – What we put in our bodies will show on our skin. If you eat fatty foods and junk your skin will reflect that, so give your skin proper nutrition. Try to eat at least five portions of fresh vegetables or fruits every day. This should be quite easy if you have three pieces of fruit as desserts or snacks, plus a salad or a portion of vegetables with two meals. Lack of proper nutrients makes your immune system less able to fight bacterial infections, including those on the skin.
3. Keep your skin hydrated – One of the commonest causes of tired-looking skin is dehydration, both on the surface and throughout the body. Aim to re-hydrate your body by drinking two liters of water a day. It is best to spread the consumption of water in small amounts over the course of the day to be sure it is properly absorbed. This should ideally be taken as plain or lightly flavored, unsweetened water and not tea, coffee or other caffeine-containing or sugary drinks. Caffeine prevents your body from making good use of the vitamins and minerals from your food. And avoid excessive alcohol intake.
4. Plenty of rest to distress – Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night. A lack of sleep will show up under your eyes as dark circles or bags. If you have been burning the candle at both ends and want to hide the fact you only got a few hours sleep. Pro Barber collagen-infused UNDER EYE Masks are perfect for treating dark circles which appear under the eyes. The masks simply sit under the eyes for 20 minutes and the hydrogel formulation will help treat and calm tired, puffy eyes. Proper rest will also benefit your body and your life. Skin is the body’s largest organ and needs to repair itself while we sleep.
5. Make time for exercise – Maintain a regular exercise schedule. Exercise gets the blood moving and creates a healthy body. What’s more according to researchers at London’s King’s College, three hours of exercise per week can actually slow-down the ageing process
6. Breath of fresh air – Get lots of fresh air but avoid prolonged exposure to wind and cold as this can dry out and age the skin.
7. Benefit from Sunshine – The sun releases Vitamin D naturally in the skin. This should be limited to an hour a day as the ultraviolet rays from the sun can cause irreversible damage and in the worst case lead to skin cancer. Avoid tanning beds as they cause more harm than good. Always wear sunglasses to avoid squinting.
8. If you smoke, give up – Nicotine does not help you keep a healthy skin. It attacks the blood vessels that feed the skin with nutrients and oxygen, as well as those that drain away the waste products from the skin. Your skin therefore becomes poor at ridding itself of unwanted substances and in severe cases also starts to lack oxygen.
The latest subscription box from Me My Suit & Tie for June was The Poseidon Style Box. Not only, did it contain a snazzy set of accessories perfectly designed to work together, but it also featured the FACE PUTTY Peel-Off Mask from Barber Pro.